Our SMTP API is right for you, if as a mobile applications developer...
- You need an 'email to SMS' connection. This SMS application is perfect for mobile applications developers who already have an email messaging system in place.
- You are working with a legacy server. The best way to send SMS from a legacy server is with server-generated email and the SMTP API is the best connection for this.
- You need to send high-volume text messages. The SMTP API is the industry standard for bulk text messaging.
- You need to send personalised batches of text messages.
- You need to set a customer message ID on bulk SMS batches.
- You need to specify a maximum credit charge on SMS text messages.
- You need to set up a notification alerts system for your customer.
- You need Clickatell to escalate text messages to an alternative delivery gateway in case of delays.
- You need to set up priority levels for message delivery; Clickatell allows you 3 of them.
- You need to be able to delay text message delivery; Clickatell allows you a 7-day delay period.
Although you cannot use this application for two-way messaging you can make use of one of our
other applications such as HTTP, FTP or SMPP to receive your incoming messages.
The entire range of SMS Gateway API connections has the following features:
- They are all fast, reliable and easy to integrate into any system.
- They all support text, Unicode, binary SMS, EMS and Flash text messaging.
- They all support extended length messages.
- They all offer delivery acknowledgment.
- They all allow customers to specify sender ID details.
- They all come with excellent documentation, script libraries and converters.
- They all offer logo and ringtone converters (VCards and VCal).
- Most of them have bi-directional features and so we can offer two-way messaging capability in over 100 countries.
- Clickatell's technical staff is extensively trained in all products.
- Clickatell offers an extensive network reach to over 222 countries through more than 819 networks.
e offer you 10 message credits to test
our SMS Gateway with a free trial of our SMTP API connection.
How to connect via SMTP:
- Sign up for an SMTP account and you will be given a username, password and api_id: keep these at hand.
- Once you have registered and been activated you will receive 10 free credits with which to test our service.
- Have the number you wish to send to ready in international format e.g. 448311234567.
- Open your Email client (e.g. Microsoft Outlook). Create a new email in text (not html) format. In the address field type: email@example.com
- Type your account and message details in the body of the email, laid out as follows
- The text of your message must be formatted so that '+' signs replace spaces between words as above.
- Press send and your message will be delivered.
Sign up for SMTP